Flying an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) is no longer a stand-alone activity. Operators are inundated with large quantities of disparate data – in the form of maps, images, video, and intelligence – that they must compare and interpret before taking action.
Hydra Fusion Tools™ is a real-time Geospatial Information System, and is our answer to the challenges presented by Big Data. Hydra Fusion Tools simplifies information by fusing this data to create a 3D world presentation that gives immediate ‘in context’ information.
The stand-out feature of Hydra Fusions Tools is its ability to simultaneously localize and map (SLAM) incoming video or still image feeds from the aircraft while it flies. These images are incrementally matched up, stitched together, and geo-registered resulting in an immediate and immersive 3D reconstruction. Combined with 3D models of objects, Hydra Fusion Tools creates a rendering of any site – construction zone, industrial plant, mine, or farmer’s field.
Hydra Fusion Tools turns Big Data into actionable intelligence.
Competing products often require hours of post-processing time. Through the innovative use of GPU technology, Hydra Fusion Tools allows processing to occur locally on commercially available hardware with no internet connection. This local approach to processing:
- Ensures that the user maintains custody of the data at all times – this is particularly important to users that work with sensitive data (such as military and law enforcement personnel)
- Allows for operations in areas with no internet access.
Because it runs on a laptop, Hydra Fusion Tools integrates easily and non-intrusively with existing systems, requiring only an image feed for real-time 3D mapping or modelling. This represents a low cost, low risk value add to many existing systems.
- Real-time structure from motion: the ability to generate 3D point clouds and 3D imagery in real-time as a vehicle flies
- Site mapping: the ability to compare architectural drawings to actual 3D imagery to gather daily progress updates
- Agriculture: the ability to map fields or forests for the analysis of plant health and cataloging
- Infrastructure Inspection: ability to automate the inspection of large critical infrastructure
- Surveying: the ability to produce wide area maps of terrain.
- Tactical: the ability to covertly generate maps of evolving situations in real time