We’re partnering with Australia’s finest minds and academic institutions to solve some of the world ‘s enduring and emerging challenges.
Technology and Innovation Leader
We’re an industry leader in defence and technology bringing best practice and leading edge concepts and technology to Australia.
Our commitment to research and development in Australia helps drive growth and prosperity and position Australia as a leading and dynamic 21st century economy.
An education steeped in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) opens up a world of opportunity to today’s youth. Through the National Youth Science Forum’s Next Steps Program, we’re demonstrating to Australia’s next generation of innovators what a career in STEM looks like.
STELaRLab Fast Facts
- Lockheed Martin Australia’s national R&D operations centre.
- Lockheed Martin’s first multi-disciplinary R&D facility outside the United States.
- Exploring hypersonics, autonomy, robotics and command, control, communications, computing, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR).
- Partnering with universities to support PhD projects via industry top ups to the Australian Post Graduate award program.
- Led by Dr Tony Lindsay, one of Australia’s preeminent defence scientists.